- Compact, mounding habit
- Glossy green foliage
- Excellent ornamental shrub that is easy to care for
- Long, pendulous clusters of greenish-yellow flowers
- Blooms late April and early May
- Bright red Currants ripen in July
- Tart berries can be eaten fresh, but are excellent in jams, jellies, and pies
- Fruit is high in vitamin C and cancer-preventing antioxidants
- Attracts birdsRed Lake' is appealing not only for its fruit but for its compact, mounding habit and glossy green foliage that makes a stand out ornamental shrub. This selection produces long, pendulous clusters of greenish-yellow flowers that bloom in late April and early May. Flowers give way to long, pendant clusters of bright red Currants, which ripen in July. 'Red Lake', although tart, may be eaten ripe off the shrub, but are perhaps more often harvested to make jams, jellies and pies. Currants are very high in vitamin C and cancer preventative antioxidants. Birds of all kinds love the berries and they will fight you for the ripe fruit if the plant is not covered for protection. No serious insect or disease problems plague this easy care plant but good airflow is important to combat the troublesome powdery mildew.
Currant 'Red Lake' 3gallon pot
Pick up only. We will notify you when your order is ready for pickup.
Credit cards and paypal accepted as forms of payment. Click on the "Pay with Paypal" button to pay with either method.